Our success depends on your donations!
Thanks to the overwhelming support of the people of Clare in supplying us with a constant source of quality donations we are in a position to offer our customers a constant source of high-end quality used items at great prices. The success of our shops depends on the goodwill and kindness of people in our community donating unwanted goods to our stores.
All profits raised through the sale of your donations are ring-fenced for the educational & training requirements of our service users with a view to effecting sustainable positive life changes for those in our community who experience violence and abuse in their own homes.
Donators will be pleased to know that you can drive to our door with your donations which may be dropped off at our Donations Depot, located next door to our Furniture Home-Store anytime during our opening hours (Mon to Sat. 10.00 – 5.00). For those wishing to donate an item of furniture or requiring a full house clearance we also offer a free collection service for Furniture Donations within Co. Clare. Please call to make arrangements on 065/6869450.
We accept a wide range of donations listed below
- Men, Women & Children’s Clothes
- Accessories including jewellery, handbags, shoes and scarves
- Good quality used toys with all parts attached.
- Unwanted gifts
- Good quality used books, with the exception of school books, encyclopaedia & books which promote violence.
- Scratch- free CD’S & DVD’S
- Quality used household goods
- Quality used home-furnishings including duvet covers, duvets, sheets, blankets, cushions & pillows (must be stain free)
- All Quality used Furniture items including tables, chairs, sofas, stools, cabinets, dressing tables, chest of drawers. Note all furniture items must be free of wood-worm.
- Beds – note mattresses must be 100% stain-free.
The following donations cannot be accepted for health & safety or ethical reasons
- Buoyancy devices. (e.g. inflatable armbands or rings)
- Car safety seats and seat belts, cots
- Crash helmets
- Electrical items including kitchen appliances and machines
- Prams & Pushchairs & highchairs
- Hazardous substances e.g. glue, paint
- Medicines & medications
- Oil or gas appliances
- Tobacco products
- Wine & Spirits or beer
- War or sex toys